Adding Cases and Actions
A Case can be added to any of the Events that a widget supports. To add a case, select a widget on the wireframe, select the desired event, and click Add case… in the Annotation and Interactions pane. This will open the Interaction Case Properties dialog. Alternatively, double-clicking on the event will also add a case and open the dialog. In the dialog, the description of the case can be edited. For example, the description could be changed to “If login succeeds”.
Adding and Editing Actions
Actions are added in the Interaction Case Properties dialog. A checklist of available Actions is displayed in the dialog. One or more of these Actions can be performed on any Case on an Event. Check or uncheck the action to add or remove it to the case. When an action is checked, it will be added to the Actions description in the dialog. Below is a list of the Actions available in Axure RP:
- Open Link in Current Window: Opens the page in the current window.
- Open Link in Popup Window: Opens the page in a popup window.
- Open Link in Parent Window: Used from a popup window to change the page loaded in the window that opened the popup.
- Close Current Window: Closes the current window.
- Open Link in Frame(s): Used with the inline frame widget to change the page loaded in the inline frame.
- Open Link in Parent Frame: Opens a page in the parent frame. Used from pages loaded in inline frames.
- Set Panel state(s) to state(s): Set the current state of one or more dynamic panels.
- Show Panel(s): Shows (makes visible) one or more dynamic panels.
- Hide Panel(s): Hides one or more dynamic panels.
- Toggle Visibility for Panel(s): Shows or hides dynamic panels based on their current visiblity.
- Move Panel(s): Move a dynamic panel to a specific location or by a specific distance.
- Bring Panel(s) to Front: Brings a dynamic panel to the top layer of the page.
- Set Variable and Widget Value(s) equal to Value(s): Sets the value of one or more variables and/or widgets.
- Scroll to Image Map Region (Anchors): Scroll a page to a specific location horizontally, vertically or both.
- Enable Widget(s): Enable form widgets like a droplist or text field.
- Disable Widget(s): Disable form widgets.
- Set Widget(s) to Selected State: Sets the style of widgets to its selected style or back to its default style.
- Set Focus on Widget: Sets the focus on a specified widget such as a text field.
- Wait Time: Delays actions by a specified time.
- Expand Tree Node(s): Expands the nodes of a tree widget.
- Collapse Tree Node(s): Collapses the nodes of a tree widget.
- Other: Shows a textual description of an action such as “Send email to user”.
The actions description contains hyperlinks that open dialogs for editing properties for the action.
For example, to create a basic link, check Open Link in Current Window. This will add the description to the actions description. Clicking on Link in the description will open the Link Properties dialog.
If you rename or move the linked page in the Sitemap window, the link integrity will be maintained.
To link to a page outside of the design, uncheck Link to a page in this design and enter the Hyperlink.
If none of the actions are checked when the Interaction Case Properties dialog is close, the case will be automatically removed from the event.
Adding and Editing Conditions
See Using Conditions